Fort Sam Houston
Independent School District
Employee Acceptable Use
Policy for Technology Resources
You are being given access to the District's technology resources.
Through these resources, you will be able to communicate with other schools,
colleges, organizations, and people around the world through the Internet and
other electronic information systems/networks. You will have access to hundreds
of databases, libraries, and computer services all over the world. With this
opportunity comes responsibility. It is important that you read the related
District policy (CQ and DH) and administrative regulations and ask
questions if you need help in understanding them. Inappropriate system use will
result in the loss of the privilege of using these educational and
Please note that the Internet is a network of many types of
communication and information networks. It is possible that you may run across
some material you might find objectionable. While the District will use filtering
technology to restrict access to such material, it is not possible to
absolutely prevent such access. It will be your responsibility to follow the
rules for appropriate use.
APPROPRIATE USE OF TECHNOLOGY RESOURCES
● The account is to be used mainly for educational purposes, but some
limited personal use is permitted (see Policy CQ LOCAL).
● You will be held responsible at all times for the proper use of your
account, and the District may suspend or revoke your access if you violate the
● Remember that people who receive e-mail from you with a school address
might think your message represents the school's point of view. Please act
● Using the system for any illegal purpose.
● Disabling or attempting to disable any Internet filtering device.
● Encrypting communications to avoid security review.
● Borrowing someone's account without permission.
● Downloading or using copyrighted information without permission from the
● Intentionally introducing a virus to the computer system.
● Posting messages or accessing materials that are abusive, obscene,
sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, damaging to another's reputation, or
● Wasting school resources through improper use of the computer system.
● Gaining unauthorized access to restricted information or resources.
PERSONAL USE OF
ELECTRONIC MEDIA WITH STUDENTS
● As role models for the districtís students, employees are responsible
for their public conduct even when they are not acting as district employees.
Employees will be held to the same professional standards in their public use
of electronic media as they are for any other public conduct. (see Policy DH
● Employees are limited in their use of social media for communicating
with students. You must read and adhere to the limitations set forth in Policy
DH LOCAL and related administrative regulations.
FOR INAPPROPRIATE USE
● Suspension of access to the system;
● Revocation of the computer system account; or
● Other disciplinary or legal action, in accordance with the District
policies and applicable laws
I understand that my computer use is not private and that the District
will monitor my activity on the computer system. I have read the District's
electronic communications system policy and administrative regulations and
agree to abide by their provisions. In consideration for the privilege of using
the District's electronic communications system and in consideration for having
access to the public networks, I hereby release the District, its operators,
and any institutions with which they are affiliated from any and all claims and
damages of any nature arising from my use of, or inability to use, the system,
including, without limitation, the type of damages identified in the District's
policy and administrative regulations.