Access to Technology
To assure that all students have access to technology during our virtual learning, FSHISD will provide devices for individual student use.
TECHNOLOGY BY GRADE LEVEL
- Grades 6 -12: All students in Grades 6-12 will be provided with a Chromebook if they elect to participate in our 1:1 Chromebook program. Cole's 1:1 Chromebook program was in place prior to the pandemic and we will continue this year. 6th - 12th grade students who are assigned a Chromebook at this time will keep their Chromebook for the remainder of the academic year regardless of instructional delivery. The Chromebooks are to be turned in at the end of the academic year or upon withdrawal from FSHISD.
- Grades 1-5: Students in grades 1-5 may elect to check out a Chromebook if needed. The Chromebooks will be returned to the school when "normal" operations resume. Students in grades 1-5 also benefit from a 1:1 Chromebook distribution. However, during the normal school year, the elementary Chromebooks stay at school.
- Prek and K: Students in PreK and K may elect to check out an iPad if needed. The iPads will be returned to the school when "normal" operations resume. Students in PreK and Kindergarten have access to iPads during the normal school year but iPads stay at school.
- Students and parents will need to fill out a Student/Parent Chromebook or iPad Agreement Form to obtain a device. Our online agreement forms can be found below.
- After the form is submitted, you will receive an email from the FSHISD Technology Department detailing pickup time and location. Please know that this process could take up to three days. In the meantime, all classwork can ve accessed via any internet-connected device.
ONLINE STUDENT/PARENT CHROMEBOOK AND IPAD AGREEMENT FORMS
Ft. Sam Houston Elementary School iPad Agreement Form (Prek and K): https://fshisd.tech/FSHE-IPADform-2020 or click HERE
Ft. Sam Houston Elementary School Chromebook Agreement Form (1st-5th): https://fshisd.tech/FSHE-CBform-2020 or click HERE