Non-Resident Transfer Application

First Time Non-Resident Transfer Students – Students interested in applying to attend Fort Sam Houston schools as a NRT for the 2016-2017 school year may apply beginning Tuesday, May 10, 2016. Parents may submit the online Non-Resident Transfer application HERE.

Applications will not be considered until the application is verified as complete. Parents should be prepared to scan and upload the following information:

  • Proof of Residency (Example: lease, electric bill or water bill)
  • Legal Guardianship of Power of Attorney, if applicable
  • Proof of Eligibility
    • Active Duty (Copy of current orders)
    • Reserves or Guard (Must be active duty and attach a copy of current orders)
    • Retired Military and working on Federal Property (Attach a copy of Retirement Order or DDFORM 214) and Proof of DoD employment (Include the name and address of employment, as well as a memo from a supervisor on letterhead or a pay stub)
    • Retired Military NOT working on Federal Property, Grades 6 – 12 only (Attach a copy of Retirement Order or DDFORM 214)

New Non-Resident Transfer Students must also provide:

  • Most current cumulative report card, attendance and conduct information. Conduct or disciplinary documentation includes any suspensions, assignment to an alternative education placement, or expulsions. Parents submitting an application prior to the availability of a final report card must submit a final report card before a final review can be completed.
  • Most recent High School transcript
  • Most current Individualized Education Plan from Admission, Review and Dismissal Committee meeting, most current 504 plan, most current Language Proficiency Assessment Committee recommendations and / or most current Gifted and Talented documents, if applicable

Your questions are always welcome. Please contact Rachel Muñoz at (210) 368-8725 or send an email to [email protected].