Child Nutrition Office Hours
Monday-Friday 7:00am - 4:00pm
Fort Sam Houston ISD CHILD NUTRITION MISSION STATEMENT
FSHISD Child Nutrition Department's mission is to help support the education of our students with the service of providing nourishment and healthy options. We offer a variety of fresh delicious entrees, fruits, grains and vegetables in accordance with all the applicable guidelines. We work diligently to maintain a safe and sanitary environment by providing training and development for the student nutrition staff with the intent to provide the best possible meals and service for our students.
We exist to serve the military child.
*Meal Program Applications are available for the 2019-2020 School Year*
All applicable meal benefit (free or reduced price) households still must reapply for the 2019-2020 school year. Prior year benefits will expire on 9/30/2019 if a new application is not received or the household no longer qualifies
Attention Staff and High School Students! Please visit our new coffee bar; "The Espuma Cafe", located in the Cole Cafeteria. Now offering freshly prepared Lattes, Cappuccino, Americano, Macchiatos and espresso.
Please check menus frequently as changes may occur based on product availability and/or requirement changes
New Meal Prices 2019 - 2020
REDUCED PRICE MEALS FOR ALL GRADE LEVELS: $0.30 BREAKFAST $0.40 LUNCH
Elementary Breakfast $0.90 Elementary Lunch $2.30
Middle/High School Breakfast $1.00 Middle/High School Lunch $2.55
- All applicable meal benefit (free or reduced price) households still must reapply. Prior year benefits will expire on 9/30/2019 if a new application is not received Or the household no longer qualifies
- Free and Reduced Price Meal Applications are accepted all year until the last week of school.
- If you have already applied but were denied and there has been a decrease in your income please call 210-368-8745. This adjustment can be made by phone.
- As of July 2012, Federal regulations require changes to LUNCH Meal Patterns served in schools. Students will be required to have a 1/2 cup of fruit or vegetable as part of their lunch meal. We will offer a variety of fruits and vegetables daily to give students more choices. Anything less than a full meal will be charged individually.
- Please click at the bottom of this page for information regarding Military income when applying for Free or Reduced Meals
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: firstname.lastname@example.org.This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Please call 210-368-8745 if you have any questions or conce.